Preparing for a home heating oil delivery
At Penguin Energy, we work hard to deliver your heating oil year-round, in any weather – but sometimes we need your help!
This winter, please help our crews by taking care of these tasks on or before your heating oil delivery date:
- Clear a path to your oil fill pipe – Overgrown shrubs or fallen snow and branches can block the path to your heating oil tank’s fill pipe, making it difficult for our dispatcher to gain access. Try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your fill pipe clear so our dispatcher can reach it easily and safely.
- Shovel and de-ice your driveway – If your home requires our crew to park in the driveway to fill your oil tank, please keep your driveway free of snow and ice so they can drive, park, and walk around safely. Keep in mind that our fuel trucks are wider than your car, so please clear accordingly!
- Open the gate – If our delivery crew needs to pass through a gate to reach your fill pipe, make sure the gate is unlocked, or that someone is home to let our dispatcher in.
- Control your pets – We want to deliver your heating oil, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secure on delivery day.
- Be reachable – If something unexpected happens on delivery day that needs your immediate attention, our dispatcher will need to contact you. Make sure our crew has your preferred contact number (preferably a mobile number) so they can reach you quickly. If you prefer, our office can also contact you upon the successful completion of your heating oil delivery.
Thanks for helping us to keep our promise of safe, on-time heating oil delivery in Orange, Sullivan, and Ulster counties – our drivers appreciate your consideration!
For reliable, on-time heating oil delivery at the best prices in the tri-county area, nobody beats Penguin Energy. Contact us today to schedule a delivery – or to join the Penguin family of customers!